Looking for an easy homemade monkey bread recipe that will delight your taste buds? Look no further! This delectable treat is made with a from-scratch dough that is oozing with buttery cinnamon sugar goodness. The best part? It’s surprisingly simple to make and absolutely delicious.
To create this mouthwatering monkey bread, you’ll start by making the dough from scratch. After allowing it to rise until doubled, you’ll cut it into equal pieces and roll them into round shapes. These dough pieces are then dipped in melted butter and coated in cinnamon and brown sugar. Next, layer them in a well-buttered bundt pan and let the monkey bread rise until puffy. Finally, bake until golden and drizzle with a sweet glaze while it’s still warm.
This easy homemade monkey bread recipe has been receiving high praise for over ten years. Many even consider it the best monkey bread recipe around. With its irresistible gooey texture and caramelized sugar coating, it’s no wonder why it’s a favorite among both young and old.
- Create a delicious monkey bread with this easy homemade recipe.
- The from-scratch dough is simple to make and easy to work with.
- Coat the dough pieces in melted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar before layering them in a bundt pan.
- Bake until golden and drizzle with a sweet glaze for the perfect finishing touch.
- This homemade monkey bread is a crowd-pleaser and can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Ingredients and Preparation
To create this delicious homemade monkey bread, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Now, let’s proceed with the preparation:
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the melted butter, warm milk, warm water, granulated sugar, and instant yeast. Mix until the sugar and yeast have dissolved.
- Add the all-purpose flour and salt to the mixer and knead the dough on low speed until it becomes smooth and soft.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise until it doubles in size. This usually takes about 1-2 hours, depending on the temperature.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release any air bubbles and shape it into a thick rectangle or square.
- Cut the dough into small pieces, approximately 1-2 inches in size.
- Roll each piece into a round ball and dip it in the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Roll each dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Layer the coated dough balls in a well-greased bundt pan, allowing them to fill the pan to create a pull-apart effect.
- Cover the pan with a kitchen towel and let the monkey bread rise until it becomes puffy, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the monkey bread for 30-35 minutes, or until it turns golden brown.
- While the monkey bread is baking, prepare the glaze by combining the confectioners’ sugar and a few tablespoons of milk. Stir until the glaze reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once the monkey bread is ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm monkey bread.
Tips and Variations
To add some extra flavor to your monkey bread, try these delicious variations:
Cinnamon Monkey Bread
To make a cinnamon monkey bread variation, simply increase the amount of ground cinnamon in the sugar coating mixture. This will give your monkey bread an even stronger cinnamon flavor, making it irresistible to cinnamon lovers.
Sticky Monkey Bread
If you want your monkey bread to be extra sticky and indulgent, add chopped nuts to the caramel mixture. The nuts will add a delightful crunch and enhance the overall texture of the bread, making it a truly satisfying treat.
Quick Monkey Bread Recipe
If you’re short on time and still crave the deliciousness of monkey bread, try this quick recipe. Instead of making the dough from scratch, use pre-made biscuit dough. Cut the biscuits into quarters, dip them in melted butter, then coat them in cinnamon and sugar. Layer the coated biscuit pieces in a pan and bake until golden brown. This shortcut version of monkey bread is just as tasty and perfect for when you need a quick and easy sweet treat.
Feel free to get creative with your monkey bread! You can experiment with adding other ingredients such as fruits, raisins, chocolate chips, or even caramel sauce to create unique flavor combinations. The possibilities are endless!
If you don’t have a bundt pan, don’t worry! You can use a different type of pan, like a 9×13-inch baking pan or split the dough into two loaf pans. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly to ensure your monkey bread bakes evenly.
Table: Monkey Bread Variations
|Cinnamon Monkey Bread
|Increase the amount of ground cinnamon in the sugar coating mixture.
|Sticky Monkey Bread
|Add chopped nuts to the caramel mixture for extra crunch and stickiness.
|Quick Monkey Bread Recipe
|Use pre-made biscuit dough for a quicker version of monkey bread.
|Experiment with other ingredients like fruits, raisins, chocolate chips, or caramel sauce.
Remember, monkey bread can be made ahead of time by refrigerating the assembled bread before letting it rise. This way, you can prepare it in advance and bake it fresh when you’re ready to enjoy it. The assembled monkey bread can also be stored at room temperature for up to 2-3 days, allowing you to savor its deliciousness over several days.
Serving and Storage
The best way to serve this homemade monkey bread is warm. The pull-apart pieces are irresistible and taste like the inside of a cinnamon roll, with a caramelized flavor that keeps you going back for more. You can serve it as a breakfast treat, brunch dish, or even as a dessert. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, use the microwave for a quick warm-up or place it back in a preheated oven for a few minutes to regain its freshness.
- Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea for a cozy breakfast.
- Serve it as a sweet addition to a brunch spread.
- Drizzle it with a cream cheese glaze for a decadent dessert.
To store homemade monkey bread:
- Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
- Keep it at room temperature for up to 2-3 days for optimal freshness.
- Reheat individual portions in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
Now that you know how to serve and store this delicious homemade monkey bread, you can enjoy it anytime you have a craving for a sweet and indulgent treat.
|Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea for a cozy breakfast.
|Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
|Serve it as a sweet addition to a brunch spread.
|Keep it at room temperature for up to 2-3 days for optimal freshness.
|Drizzle it with a cream cheese glaze for a decadent dessert.
|Reheat individual portions in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
Homemade monkey bread is a mouthwatering delight that will satisfy your craving for a sweet and gooey treat. This easy monkey bread recipe elevates the classic dish to a whole new level with its from-scratch dough and irresistible caramelized sugar coating. Whether you serve it for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, this homemade monkey bread is bound to become a favorite in your household.
The combination of soft and fluffy dough, drenched in melted butter and coated in a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture, creates a truly addictive treat. Each bite is a burst of warm, buttery, and cinnamon-infused goodness. The aroma alone will have your taste buds eagerly anticipating that first delectable taste.
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of making monkey bread from scratch. With this easy recipe, you’ll be able to whip up this indulgent treat in no time. Impress your family and friends with your baking skills and enjoy the delightful flavors that homemade monkey bread offers. Treat yourself to this irresistible dessert and experience the magic of homemade monkey bread today!
What is monkey bread?
Monkey bread is a sweet and sticky bread made from small pieces of dough that are coated in cinnamon sugar, layered in a bundt pan, and baked to perfection. It is a popular breakfast or brunch treat that is also enjoyed as a dessert.
What makes this monkey bread recipe easy?
This monkey bread recipe is easy because it uses a simple homemade dough that is easy to work with. The dough requires a rise until doubled, then it is cut into small pieces and rolled into round balls. The coated dough balls are layered in a bundt pan and left to rise until puffy before baking.
Can I customize this monkey bread recipe?
Yes, you can customize this monkey bread recipe to your liking. For a cinnamon monkey bread variation, you can increase the amount of ground cinnamon in the sugar coating mixture. For a sticky monkey bread, you can add chopped nuts to the caramel mixture. You can also experiment with adding fruits, raisins, chocolate chips, or caramel sauce for different flavors and textures.
What pans can I use to make monkey bread?
You can use a bundt pan, a 9×13-inch pan, or two loaf pans to make monkey bread. However, an angel food cake pan is not recommended as it may cause the sugar/butter mixture to leak out.
Can I make monkey bread ahead of time?
Yes, you can make monkey bread ahead of time by assembling the bread and refrigerating it before letting it rise. When ready to bake, let the bread come to room temperature and rise until puffy before baking.
How should I serve and store monkey bread?
Monkey bread is best served warm. The pull-apart pieces are irresistible and taste like the inside of a cinnamon roll. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, use the microwave for a quick warm-up or place it back in a preheated oven for a few minutes to regain its freshness.